The Essex Agency is your local representative to national and local auto insurance companies.
We are local people that care about your safety.
Selecting car insurance in Vermont is more than just a legal responsibility. The car insurance you choose is your first line of defense to protect your health, way of life, vehicle, and all the assets you’ve earned in your lifetime. With just a brief discussion The Essex Agency can provide recommendations on what coverages are best suited for your needs. It’s important to us that you don’t risk making these decisions without fully understanding their value. One bad accident could change your life forever.
The benefits of an independent insurance company.
Save time calling around when you allow us to do the shopping for you! When applying for car insurance coverage, The Essex Agency will research more than a dozen highly rated insurance companies to find the best combination of coverage and premium available. Contact us today to get your quote!
Important car insurance coverage definitions
- Liability Coverage
- This pays the damages and injuries which you cause to others when you are at fault in an accident.
- Higher limits are available through Personal Umbrella policies.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
- Your Uninsured Motorist Coverage pays for your injuries or injuries to the passengers of your vehicle, when you are hit by a driver who carries no insurance, not enough insurance, or when the accident is a hit and run.
- Medical Payments
- Medical Payments covers injuries to you and the passengers in your vehicle regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive Coverage
- Often referred to as ‘other than collision,’ this coverage protects your vehicle for repair or replacement of broken glass and from losses such as fire, theft, and vandalism.
- Collision Coverage
- Collision coverage pays for repairs to your vehicle after an accident where you are at fault.
- Rental Reimbursement
- Rental Reimbursement coverage pays for the expense of a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired after a covered loss.
- Towing Reimbursement
- Reimburses you for towing expenses and provides various roadside assistances.
*Selecting adequate insurance coverage is more than the premium you pay each month for your coverage. In the event of a bad accident, these coverages will determine how much care and the type of care that you, your family, friends, and the others involved, will receive. Should these coverages become exhausted, lawyers seek other places to recover payment to cover the loss.This pays the damages and injuries which you cause to others when you are at fault in an accident.