The Essex Agency is your local representative to national and local motorcycle insurance companies.
In Vermont, the “motorcycle policy” is used to also cover the following machines – Motorcycles, Mopeds, Scooters over 50cc, and ATVs.
Summers in Vermont are amazing for experiencing the freedom that Motorcycles, ATVs, and other seasonal vehicles have to offer. The Essex Agency can help you protect you and your motorcycle or ATV with many options to insure your machine, it’s accessories, and your travel plans. We represent insurance companies you can trust to offer the motorcycle and ATV insurance you need for your ATV, touring bike or mini scooter.
The benefits of an independent insurance company.
Save time calling around when you allow us to do the shopping for you! When applying for your insurance coverage, The Essex Agency will research more than a dozen highly rated insurance companies to find the best combination of the coverage you desire, at the best available premium. Contact us today to get your quote!
Important motorcycle insurance coverage definitions
Like your auto policy, these coverages are recommended, and they work very much the same.
- Liability Coverage, Comprehensive & Collision Coverage, Medical Payments, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
The Motorcycle Insurance Policy can include these additional coverages:
- Enhanced Injury Protection provides two additional coverages
- Income loss: Pays for the insured’s/spouse’s lost wages if they are injured in an accident and cannot work.
- Death Indemnity: Pays for funeral expenses if the insured/passenger(s) are in a fatal accident.
- Trip interruption
- Provides daily maximums of $100 for lodging, $50 for alternative transportation, and $50 for food while the trailer or motorcycle is being repaired, up to $500 per occurrence. The mechanical breakdown or accident must occur more than 100 miles from the insured’s primary residence.
- Carried Contents
- Carried Contents coverage will pay for insured’s owned personal property (such as phones, hunting gear, or camping gear) that are damaged, destroyed, or stolen while using the insured vehicle.
- Accessory Coverage
- Provides protection for additions, enhancements, or modifications to the vehicle that are not factory installed. This can include: Electronic equipment, sidecars, trailers, trike conversion kits, custom paint, plating, or exhaust.
*Selecting adequate insurance coverage is more than the premium you pay each month for your coverage. In the event of an accident, these coverages will determine how much care and the type of care that you, your family, friends, and the others involved, will receive. Should these coverages become exhausted, lawyers look to personal assets to cover the loss.